Since the word processing programs were released, they have become very popular because of its free operation. Word processing software is also advantageous. It provides more efficient, simpler and convenient operation. As developed, it can be installed on mobile devices, which brought convenience for jobs in many aspects. We may need to read books while at work or while taking a trip. Or you may need to download some documents or other files while at home or while traveling by train or plane. We might also need to edit some documents when at home or when traveling. Many people would like that their mobile devices could work like laptop computers do, especially in terms of office use. At present there are several methods to convert word to pdf in Android phone, but this article will introduce
In the way of converting a word to pdf, we could do like using the save as input and setting it as pdf output adapter. We can also directly use save adapter and choosing the pdf format as output. For more detailed information we could check out word to pdf converter free.
Table of Contents
- 1 Save or convert to PDF or XPS in Project desktop
- 2 Word to PDF Converter (smallpdf.com)
- 3 How to Convert a Microsoft Word Document to a PDF
- 4 If You Don’t Have Microsoft Word
- 5 ADOBE Convert Word to PDF
- 6 Conclusion
Save or convert to PDF or XPS in Project desktop
You can use the Office programs to save or convert your files to PDFs so that you can share them or print them using commercial printers. And you won’t need any other software or add-ins.
Use PDF format when you want a file that:
- Looks the same on most computers.
- Has a smaller file size.
- Complies with an industry format.
Examples include resumes, legal documents, newsletters, files that are intended to be read (not edited) and printed, and files that are intended for professional printing.
Important: Many programs, including Microsoft Word, have the ability to open and edit PDF files. Simply sharing something as a PDF is not sufficient to guarantee the recipient can’t edit the file.WindowsmacOSWebiOS
To export or save as PDF, in your Office file, on the File menu, click Export or Save As. To see step-by-step instructions, select an Office program from the drop-down list.
Portable Document Format (PDF) preserves document formatting and enables file sharing. When the PDF format file is viewed online or printed, it retains the format that you intended. The PDF format is also useful for documents that will be reproduced using commercial printing methods. PDF is accepted as a valid format by many agencies and organizations, and viewers are available on a wider variety of platforms than XPS.
XML Paper Specification (XPS) is an electronic file format that preserves document formatting and enables file sharing. The XPS format ensures that when the file is viewed online or printed, it retains exactly the format that you intended, and that data in the file cannot be easily changed.
Word to PDF Converter (smallpdf.com)
How to Convert Word to PDF Online for Free:
- Drag and drop any Microsoft Word document onto this page.
- Wait as this tool converts the uploaded Word file to PDF format.
- On the result page, preview and continue editing—if needed.
- Hit the “Download” button to save your PDF.
Our Doc to PDF Converter in a Nutshell
- Quick and Efficient ProcessingWord to PDF conversion is a piece of cake. To begin, upload a Word file, sit back, and we should have your PDF ready in no time. We accept both DOC and DOCX files.
- Secure Online PDF SoftwareHave no worries! We permanently remove converted files from our servers after 1 hour. Create a free Smallpdf account if you want to store converted files online instead.
- Any Device, Any Operating SystemBeing an online browser-based software, you can conveniently access our Doc to PDF converter anytime, anywhere—from your PC, phone, or tablet.
- Other Supported File TypesThe fun doesn’t stop there. With this all-in-one PDF converter, you can transform other file formats to PDF, such as JPG, PNG, Excel, and PPT.
- Advanced Word to PDF ConversionIf you convert plenty of files daily, check out Smallpdf Pro, where you can process as many Word files to PDF as you’d like, all in one go, up to 15 GB per file.
- Work on the CloudWe want to enable a seamless digital work environment. Once you convert a DOC file to PDF—freely preview, edit, and store it—all on the cloud.
How to Convert a Microsoft Word Document to a PDF
PDFs are handy for distributing documents so that they’re seen the same way by all parties. Typically, you’ll create documents using another app and then convert them to PDF. Here’s how to convert a Microsoft Word document to PDF.
If you have the desktop version of Microsoft Word installed on your Windows PC or Mac, the easiest way to convert your document to PDF is right in Word itself.
Open the document you want to convert and then click the “File” tab.
On the backstage screen, select “Save As” from the list on the left.
Next, from the Save As screen, select where you would like the PDF to be saved (OneDrive, This PC, a particular folder, or wherever).
Click the dropdown arrow on the right side of the “Save As Type” box and select “PDF (*.pdf)” from the dropdown menu.
If you want to, you can change the filename at this time. When you’re ready, click the “Save” button.
After saving the PDF, you’ll be returned to your Word document, and the new PDF will open automatically in your default PDF viewer.
If You Don’t Have Microsoft Word
If you don’t have Word, but need to convert a document someone sent you to PDF, you do have a few options:
- Google Drive: You can upload a Word document to Google Drive, save it as a Google Document, and then convert it to PDF. This works well enough if you have a simple, mostly text Word document without much formatting (and if you already have a Google account).
- A Conversion Website: There are a lot of sites out there that offer to convert Word documents to PDF for free. We recommend freepdfconvert.com. It’s a safe site, it works fast, and it does a pretty good job on Word documents with even a modest amount of formatting. And it really is free if you just need to convert the occasional Word document to PDF. A paid subscription gets you additional features like unlimited conversions (multiple documents at once), and the ability to convert more types of files.
- LibreOffice: LibreOffice is a free, open-source office app that offers a lot of the same features as Microsoft Office. You can even open Microsoft Word documents, and convert them to PDF.
ADOBE Convert Word to PDF
How to convert Word files to PDF online
Follow these easy steps to turn Microsoft Word files into PDFs:
Click the Select a file button above, or drag and drop a file into the drop zone.
Select the RTF, TXT, DOCX, or DOC file you want to convert to PDF.
Watch Acrobat automatically convert the file.
Download your new PDF or sign in to share it.
Questions? We have answers.
How do I convert a Word file to PDF without losing the formatting?
As the inventor of the PDF file format, Adobe makes sure our Acrobat Word to PDF conversion tool preserves your document formatting. When you convert DOC and DOCX files with the online tool, your fonts, images, and alignment will look as expected on Mac or Windows.
You can also try Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for free for seven days to convert PDF files back to Word, convert to Excel or PowerPoint, convert HTML to PDF, convert PNGs and GIFs, edit PDFs, merge PDFs, edits scans with OCR, split PDFs, reduce file size, and more.
What types of document file formats can I convert to PDF?
The Acrobat Word to PDF online tool lets you convert DOCX, DOC, RTF, and TXT files to PDF using any web browser. Just drag and drop a file to convert it.
What’s the difference between the DOC and DOCX file format?
The DOC and DOCX file formats are file extensions used by Microsoft Word. The DOC file format is an older format used by Microsoft Word 2003 and earlier. With the release of Microsoft Word 2007, Microsoft introduced the new DOCX file format based on the Open XML (Extensible Markup Language) standard. If you have Microsoft Word 2003 or earlier, you’ll need to download the free Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack to open, edit, and save DOCX files.
Are my documents and personal data safe?
Privacy is paramount to Adobe. If you don’t sign in or save your file, it will be deleted from our servers. To learn more about the privacy practices of Adobe applications and websites, please visit our Privacy Center. Adobe complies with the United States’s applicable data protection laws in connection with the provision of Adobe Cloud Services.
No matter what you’re doing with them, it can be handy to know how to convert a Word to a pdf. Whether you want to send the document as an attachment or another person needs it for work, there are many reasons you might need to learn how to convert Word documents into PDFs.