Do you happen to have been searching for a place where you can download computer organization and architecture designing for performance by William Stallings PDF Free without restriction? Have you lost all hopes of finding where you can get computer organization and architecture designing for performance 10th edition pdf? If yes is your answer, Then you just came to the end of your search. Here on Knowdemia, you can get computer organization and architecture designing for performance 11th edition pdf without any cost or registration. In addition, you will also have access to Computer Organization and Architecture, Global Edition, 10th Edition. So, what are you waiting for? Computer organization and architecture designing for performance by William Stallings is just a click away!
computer organization and architecture designing for performance pdf book has A comprehensive coverage of the entire field of computer design and conveys information through real world examples and practice it is a very good book that is Well Written and Explained.
Table of Contents
- 1 Computer Organization and Architecture Designing for Performance by William Stallings Book Description
- 2 Computer Organization and Architecture Designing for Performance 10th Edition PDF Book Features
- 3 Computer Organization and Architecture Designing For Performance William Stallings PDF Book Table of Contents
Computer Organization and Architecture Designing for Performance by William Stallings Book Description
For graduate and undergraduate courses in computer science, computer engineering, and electrical engineering
Fundamentals of Processor and Computer Design
Computer Organization and Architecture is a comprehensive coverage of the entire field of computer design updated with the most recent research and innovations in computer structure and function. With clear, concise, and easy-to-read material, the Tenth Edition is a user-friendly source for students studying computers. Subjects such as I/O functions and structures, RISC, and parallel processors are explored integratively throughout, with real world examples enhancing the text for student interest. With brand new material and strengthened pedagogy, this text engages students in the world of computer organization and architecture.
Computer Organization and Architecture Designing for Performance 10th Edition PDF Book Features
Computer Organization and Architecture contains the following features to facilitate learning:
UPDATED! Information on the newest technology in computer design
- NEW! Chapter on GPUs (General Purpose Computing on Graphics Processing Units) highlights one of the most important new developments in computer science. Their ability to coordinate with traditional CPUs to handle large amounts of data over a wide range of applications make them widely used throughout the field.
- NEW! Heterogeneous Multicore Processors are surveyed in a new section of the text.
- NEW! Embedded Systems overview in chapter 1 has been greatly expanded and revised to reflect the current state of embedded technology.
- NEW! Microcontrollers are mentioned in chapter 1 for their widespread use in almost all modern computers. The ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller is used as an ongoing example throughout the text.
- NEW! Cloud Computing is newly discussed by the book as an overview in chapter 1 and a detailed discussion in chapter 17.
- NEW! System Performance issues coverage has been revised, expanded, and reorganized for a clearer and more thorough treatment throughout the text. Chapter 2 is devoted to the topic, and the subject is explored integratively throughout the text.
- NEW! Flash Memory coverage has been revised and expanded with new information, including a new discussion of technology and organization of flash memory for internal memory (chapter 5) and external memory (chapter 6).
- NEW! Nonvolatile RAM technologies STT-RAM, PCRAM, and ReRAM are newly covered.
- NEW! Direct Cache Address (DCA) are detailed in chapter 7, developed by computer manufacturers to meet processing demands for high speed networks.
- UPDATED! Intel Core Microarchitecture continues to be used as a major example throughout with information reflecting newer Intel systems such as Intel Core Microarchitecture.
A comprehensive coverage of the entire field of computer design
- Systems are viewed from both the architectural and organizational structure perspectives to help students gain a comprehensive view of computer design.
- A unified Treatment of I/O provides a full understanding of I/O functions and structures, including two important external interface examples: FireWire and InfiniBand.
- A focus on RISC gives students a broad understanding of this technology, found in virtually all contemporary machines.
- Parallel Processors such as symmetric multiprocessors (SMP), clusters, and NUMA systems are covered in an exceptionally clear, well-organized manner throughout the text.
- Microprogrammed Implementation is thoroughly covered, allowing students to gain a complete understanding of processor organization.
- Multicore Processor Coverage is explained as a standard in processor design.
- Embedded Processors and the unique design issues they present are acknowledged by the text. The ARM architecture is used as a case study.
A text that conveys information through real world examples and practice
- UPDATED! Homework Problems have been expanded upon and added to the text with solutions.
- Case studies of Intel x86 and embedded ARM architectures supplement and explain material.
- Over 20 Interactive Web Simulations supplement to major portions of the text to illustrate computer architecture design issues.
- Appendices are available online as PDFs to make the book more concise and easier to transport.
Computer Organization and Architecture Designing For Performance William Stallings PDF Book Table of Contents
PART ONE: OVERVIEW
Chapter 1: Basic Concepts and Computer Evolution
Chapter 2: Performance Issues
PART TWO: THE COMPUTER SYSTEM
Chapter 3: A Top-Level View of Computer Function and Interconnection
Chapter 4: Cache Memory
Chapter 5: Internal Memory Technology
Chapter 6: External Memory
Chapter 7: Input/Output
Chapter 8: Operating System Support
PART THREE: ARITHMETIC AND LOGIC
Chapter 9: Number Systems
Chapter 10: Computer Arithmetic
Chapter 11: Digital Logic
PART FOUR: THE CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT
Chapter 12: Instruction Sets: Characteristics and Functions
Chapter 13: Instruction Sets: Addressing Modes and Formats
Chapter 14: Processor Structure and Function
Chapter 15: Reduced Instruction Set Computers (RISCs)
Chapter 16: Instruction-Level Parallelism and Superscalar Processors
PART FIVE: PARALLEL ORGANIZATION
Chapter 17: Parallel Processing
Chapter 18: Multicore Computers
Chapter 19: General-Purpose Graphic Processing Units
PART SIX THE CONTROL UNIT
Chapter 20: Control Unit Operation
Chapter 21: Microprogrammed Control
Appendix A Assembly Language, Assemblers, and Compilers
APPENDIX B Projects for Teaching Computer Organization and Architecture