Would you like to get a pocket guide to physical examination and history taking pdf book? Have you been searching cluelessly for where you can get Bates pocket guide to physical examination and history taking pdf download? Well, you don’t have to search anymore because Bates pocket guide is just a click away! So, you are among the category of people that have been searching hurry and leverage this great opportunity.
You will find this book helpful if you quickly need to review what you read. It contains the main points of the original Bates book. In other words, It has condensed versions of the larger book material that’s more pertinent to your physical exams. It is Informative and easy to understand. The best part is the excellent size. Bates Pocket Guide to Physical examination and history taking 8th edition PDF book will serve as a guide for students taking an advanced nurse practitioner course.
- 1 Bates Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking eBook Details
- 2 Bates Pocket Guide 8th Edition Overview
- 3 Bates Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th edition PDF Book Table of Contents
- 4 Get Bates Pocket Guide to Physical examination and history taking PDF Download Below:
Bates Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking eBook Details
- ISBN-13: 9781496338488
- Publication date: 11/01/2016
- Publisher: LWW
- Edition description: Eighth, North American Edition
- Pages: 432
- File Format: PDF
- File Size: 12.8MB
Bates Pocket Guide 8th Edition Overview
Access physical assessment techniques in a flash—anytime, anywhere!
This concise and trusted reference provides authoritative guidance on how to perform the patient interview, physical examination, and other core assessments as well as how to apply clinical reasoning and use shared decision-making in a quick-reference format—all based on a firm understanding of clinical evidence.
Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking includes illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination in an easy-to-follow two-column format featuring examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right. This highly regarded pocket guide also covers special stages in the life cycle—infancy through adolescence, pregnancy, and aging.
New to the eighth edition:
- Text boxes help readers quickly find important summaries of clinical conditions and other relevant information.
- Many new and updated photographs and illustrations support the text, and figures are now numbered for easy identification and reference.
- Rewritten chapter on evaluating clinical evidence clarifies key concepts to ensure student understanding.
- Revised and expanded chapter on the skin, hair, and nails includes new dermatology photographs and provides the framework for assessing common lesions and abnormalities.
- Updated behavior and mental status chapter now references DSM-5 .
- Significantly revised information on obesity and nutrition counseling; cardiovascular risk factor screening and new clinical guidelines; new screening guidelines for breast cancer, colon cancer, Papanicolau smears, and stroke risk factors; current information on STIs; new geriatric assessment tools; and much more provide essential clinical updates.
- New life-cycle content includes an increased emphasis on cardiovascular health promotion and child development; updated pregnancy topics such as weight gain, substance abuse, and intimate partner violence; and new information on the older adult, including frailty, immunizations, cancer screening, cognitive decline and dementia screening, and a new algorithm for falls prevention.
Bates Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th edition PDF Book Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Foundations for Clinical Proficiency
Chapter 2. Evaluating Clinical Evidence
Chapter 3. Interviewing and the Health History
Chapter 4. Beginning the Physical Examination: General Survey, Vital Signs, and Pain
Chapter 5. Behavior and Mental Status
Chapter 6. The Skin, Hair, and Nails
Chapter 7. The Head and Neck
Chapter 8. The Thorax and Lungs
Chapter 9. The Cardiovascular System
Chapter 10. The Breasts and Axillae
Chapter 11. The Abdomen
Chapter 12. The Peripheral Vascular System
Chapter 13. Male Genitalia and Hernias
Chapter 14. Female Genitalia
Chapter 15. The Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
Chapter 16. The Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 17. The Nervous System
Chapter 18. Assessing Children: Infancy through Adolescence
Chapter 19. The Pregnant Woman
Chapter 20. The Older Adult