Would you like to get bates guide to physical examination and history taking 13th edition pdf? Have you been searching for where you can get bates guide to physical examination and history taking pdf book? Have you lost all hopes of finding a site that helps you get bates guide to physical examination and history taking 12th edition ebook free? Searching cluelessly for where you can get bates guide to physical examination and history taking can be very stressful and frustrating that is why we have made bates guide to physical examination and history taking 12th edition pdf available to students that cannot afford to get one. You are just one click away from getting Bates guide to physical examination and history taking 12th edition pdf download.
Studying with bates physical examination and history taking pdf book is just like listening to a great educator. It discusses anatomy, histology, and physiology as a review for certain topics, then proceeding to the physical examination and history taking parts afterward. Also, the key ideas are highlighted in a blue box for quick and easy referencing. Furthermore, the titles of the related topics and their corresponding pages are written on the right portion of every page as well, making it easier for the students to revise or read ahead of these topics. Every section of this book provides an extensive amount of critical information in an easy-to-use format
Many students have learned a lot from this book and so would you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 12th Edition eBook Details
- 2 Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 12th ed Overview
- 3 Editorial Reviews
- 4 Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 12th Edition PDF Table of Contents
- 5 Get Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 12th Edition PDF Free Below:
Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 12th Edition eBook Details
- by Lynn S. Bickley MD, FACP
- ISBN-13: 9781469893419
- Publication date: 09/05/2016
- Edition description: Twelfth, North American Edition
- Pages: 1064
- File Format: PDF
- File Size: 72 MB
Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 12th ed Overview
Perform an accurate, efficient, and effective physical examination with confidence.
Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking provides authoritative, step-by-step guidance on performing the patient interview and physical examination, applying clinical reasoning, shared decision-making, and other core assessment skills—all based on a firm understanding of clinical evidence.
This highly regarded text includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination and an easy-to-follow two-column format featuring examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right. Bates’ also includes a unit on special populations, covering special stages in the life cycle—infancy through adolescence, pregnancy, and aging.
- Clinical pearls , printed in blue, highlight key points throughout the text.
- Text boxes help readers quickly find important summaries of clinical conditions and tips for challenging examination techniques.
- Many new and updated photographs and illustrations support the text, and figures are now numbered for easy identification and reference.
- Rewritten chapter on evaluating clinical evidence clarifies key concepts to ensure student understanding.
- Revised and expanded chapter on the skin, hair, and nails includes new dermatology photographs and provides the framework for assessing common lesions and abnormalities.
- Updated behavior and mental status chapter now references DSM-5 .
- Significantly revised information on obesity and nutrition counseling; cardiovascular risk factor screening and new clinical guidelines; new screening guidelines for breast cancer, colon cancer, Papanicolau smears, and stroke risk factors; updated information on STIs; new geriatric assessment tools; and much more.
- New life cycle content , including an increased emphasis on cardiovascular health promotion and child development; updated pregnancy topics such as weight gain, substance abuse, and intimate partner violence; and new information on the older adult, including frailty, immunizations, cancer screening, cognitive decline and dementia screening, and a new algorithm for falls prevention.
Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking is the #1 choice for complete, authoritative guidance on mastering every aspect of the all-important physical examination.
Don’t Miss These Additional Resources also Available for Purchase:
Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, Eighth Edition
The Pocket Guide is an abbreviated version of the Bates’ twelfth edition textbook, designed for portability and convenience at the bedside.
Reviewer: Cheryl Leiningen, DNP, RN, APN-C(Monmouth University School of Nursing and Health Studies)
Description: This is the 14th edition of one of the best physical examination resources available. Its two-column format with extensive assessment illustrations and photographs makes it easy for readers to identify key points, clinical pearls, and highlighted areas that summarize vital clinical information. This edition includes access to a website with additional resources. The previous edition was published in 2013.
Purpose: The objective of this edition is to provide an organized, easy-to-use resource for all practitioners. It is clear that the authors have incorporated feedback they have received from readers of their previous editions.
Audience: The book is designed for all healthcare practitioners, especially those developing their interviewing, assessing, and critical thinking skills (i.e. physicians, advanced practice nurses, physician assistants, registered nurses, and any students entering the healthcare professions). The authors emphasize the importance of combining knowledge with clinical evidence.
Features: The book covers all the key areas that previous editions have, but the authors have successfully improved upon their already outstanding guide. It’s well organized and easy to follow. After an overview, it covers the health history, health promotion, and techniques of a thorough physical examination with detailed illustrations and photographs that clearly support the information. It is color coded so that the clinical pearls are highlighted in blue and the sections on abnormalities are in red. Important topics are summarized in blue text boxes and all figures are numbered with captions for easy referencing in both print and electronic versions. Several areas have been developed to enhance learning. The chapter on evaluating clinical evidence has been rewritten to cover in more detail the process of reviewing the research and the importance of critically appraising its findings. The section on skin offers an extensive photo gallery of skin conditions that is a great resource for assessment. Other additions are updates on obesity and nutrition, JNC 8 (Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure) standards and revisions to the DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). Risk factor screening for cardiovascular conditions is provided in more detail, along with a new approach to performing a musculoskeletal examination. Assessment across the lifespan is covered in separate sections titled Assessing Children: Infancy through Adolescence; The Pregnant Woman; and The Older Adult.
“Every section of this quality book provides an extensive amount of critical information in an easy-to-use format. This edition has demonstrated the commitment that this group has to the development of exceptional physical examination book. Well done!”Doody’s Review ServiceTM, Doody’s Core TitleTM (2018 Edition) From the Publisher
Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 12th Edition PDF Table of Contents
UNIT 1: Foundations of Health Assessment
CHAPTER 1: Foundations for Clinical Proficiency
CHAPTER 2: Evaluating Clinical Evidence
CHAPTER 3: Interviewing and the Health History
UNIT 2: Regional Examinations
CHAPTER 4: Beginning the Physical Examination: General Survey, Vital Signs, and Pain
CHAPTER 5; Behavior and Mental Status
CHAPTER 6; The Skin, Hair, and Nails
CHAPTER 7; The Head and Neck
CHAPTER 8; The Thorax and Lungs
CHAPTER 9; The Cardiovascular System
CHAPTER 10: The Breasts and Axillae
CHAPTER 11: The Abdomen
CHAPTER 12: The Peripheral Vascular System
CHAPTER 13: Male Genitalia and Hernias
CHAPTER 14: Female Genitalia
CHAPTER 15: The Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
CHAPTER 16: The Musculoskeletal System
CHAPTER 17: The Nervous System
UNIT 3: Special Populations
CHAPTER 18: Assessing Children: Infancy Through Adolescence
CHAPTER 19: The Pregnant Woman
CHAPTER 20: The Older Adult